October 2, 2013

Letter # 6

Dear Rascal,

I want to begin this letter by telling you that you don't have to worry about me. I miss you and I will always wish that you were here with us, but my realization last night that you will be with me wherever I go has helped me in so many ways.  My letters to you after this one may be few and far between, but please, please, please don't think that it means that I'm not missing you or that I'm not thinking about you. There is no doubt that I will have more things to say to you, and as they come to me I will write to you again. We've still got one big hill left to climb in this battle of acceptance, but until that day comes I am focusing on being positive and on the happy things in my life.

There is something that I feel I need to bring up, however; your daddy and I are wondering if you had a secret boyfriend here in Oregon. Every day when we walk outside there is a sweet little Tabby cat sitting outside our front window. I recognize this cat and have seen it around since we have moved here, but I get the distinct feeling that it is looking for you. It sits there and looks at the window and seems like it's just waiting for you to appear. I want so badly to talk to it and tell it that you are an angel kitty now, but it won't let us get anywhere near it. Perhaps you had a more entertaining life when we were at work than we were aware of!

Dear sweet Rascal, I hope that you know just how much we love you and how much we miss you. We are so happy that you were in our lives for so long and we will never, ever forget how much joy you brought to us. You will always live on in our hearts and in our memories and our life will never be the same without you.

With love,
Mommy

This video is the most playful footage that we have of you - I wish that Smartphones would have been invented years and years ago so that we could have captured you playing as a kitty!

1 comment:

ToniBug said...

I was so sad when I heard the news about Rascal! :( I have really loved reading these letters though and remembering the times I was able to stay and take care of her. She really was such a sweet girl.

Copyright Notice