I can't believe that you have been gone for two months - it has been such a crazy two months - we have had a lot going on. I took a trip to Utah a few weeks ago and when I got back, your daddy took me to lunch. As we were driving, I told him that I almost asked him if you missed me and if you did okay while I was gone - any time I have gone away from any length of time I always knew I could come back and you'd be so happy to see me. I feel like we are used to not seeing you every day but to go away and come back it was weird for me that you were not here.
I did something this morning that we have never been able to do before. I bought a Poinsettia for Christmas. I love Poinsettia's so much - I think that they are so beautiful, but they are also dangerous to little kitties like you because they are poisonous and I knew without any doubt that I wouldn't be able to keep you out of it. The Poinsettia is sitting on my table and looking at it is bitter sweet - it is beautiful and it does bring me Christmas cheer, but it also reminds me of the reason that I was able to buy it - it's kind of a double edged sword.
Today I'm listening to Christmas music and pulling out the tree and the decorations. It's going to be a quiet Christmas without having to get after you every time I see you attacking the tree and/or the ribbons on the gifts that will be under the tree ...
I suppose I'm telling you all this because even though missing you every day is getting easier, there are still times when your absence is so felt so strongly! We do miss you and we will always love you, sweet girl!
Missing you always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment